We are delighted to be able to re-open our hair salon and are now taking bookings for Monday July 6th onwards. In line with Government guidance we are not yet allowed to offer our beauty services but we will let you know once these are available.
It goes without saying that we are following Government guidelines and have put measures in place to keep you as safe as possible during your visit to Karine Jackson Sustainable Hair & Beauty. Before you arrive for your appointment you will be sent a COVID-19 Client Consent Form that we respectfully ask you to sign.
Most importantly, if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or loss of sense of smell, please stay at home and cancel your appointment as soon as possible and within 24 hours as we cannot re-schedule staffing or clients at short notice. We therefore will be unable to refund any service payments for short notice cancellations or unattended appointments.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Your Visit To Karine Jackson Salon – What To Expect
- We have followed Government guidelines and have put numerous measures in place to try and keep our clients and team as safe as possible during your visit.
- In order to practice safe social distancing, we are staggering appointments and re-scheduling staff to meet these appointments/treatments. This means that you should be the only client arriving during your booked time. Please help us keep this schedule by arriving on time.
- Appointment times have been extended to allow us to sterilise the styling stations, key areas and equipment. If you miss your appointment, you will be charged for your missed service – so please make sure you turn up. You will be called 48 hours prior to your appointment so we can take your non-refundable payment. You can view our new opening times here.
- Wherever possible, we ask guests to use non-peak time appointments or to be flexible with times so we can fit everyone in. Some clients will have restricted times in which they can visit, we would really appreciate your help with this.
- Please stay outside the salon until we come to the door to let you in at your scheduled time. Clients are not permitted in the waiting area in the salon in order to allow us to practice safe social distancing. Exceptions will be made for clients with mobility challenges. If you have a special circumstance or mobility challenge, please alert your stylist about your needs prior to your appointment.
- Please bring your own water bottle and refreshments but do remember we are a sustainable salon and would like to keep-up our eco-friendly ethos during COVID-19. Please no single use plastics, only stainless steel or environmentally friendly drinking bottles please. At this time, we cannot offer any clients hot or cold drinks.
- Our team will be wearing face visors and working split shifts to enable better social distancing and fewer people in the salon at any one time. Your stylist will also complete your service from start to finish.
- Upon arrival, you will be directed to a hand washing station. Please wash your hands for the required 20 seconds or use the hand sanitiser provided when you enter the salon.
- After you have washed your hands, your stylist/therapist will direct you to their station where they will have wiped down chair arm rests and all hard surfaces with a disinfectant prior to your arrival. All equipment used will be cleaned and disinfected after each client. Easy-dry disposable, compostable towels are used for each client.
- We will provide a disposable mask extra towels, gowns and gloves and these will be billed separately along with a £4 PPE surcharge. There is no requirement for clients to wear masks, but we understand if you would like to do so. Feel free to wear your own mask if you wish.
- If possible, please refrain from using the salon toilet facilities, so as to reduce the risk of infection from COVID-19. If you require this facility please ask your stylist. We ask that you are responsible for cleaning after use. Please leave it in the condition in which you found it.
- We have restructured our pricing system. We now have slots so you pay for your stylist time and the colour used is measured and you are billed for the amount used on your hair. You can view our Prices here.
- Please also read Karine’s blog which goes into more detail about what to expect on your next visit. Thank you. We really do appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing you soon.